Hey Coffee Addicts,
I was on YT today, checking my subscriptions as always (daily), when I saw a couple videos that said '#DearMe'. Out of curiosity I wanted to know what the videos were about so I clicked and began watching. It's International Women's Day and I thought it was really cool that the women I watch on YT had some of the same insecurities I had/have during our adolescent years. Thus, I decided I would contribute and tell my younger self 5 MAJOR THINGS WE NEED NOT WORRY ABOUT!
- YOU ARE GOOD ENOUGH. People can be cruel as fuck, but that doesn't mean that what they say about you is true. Don't try to be someone you're not, and embrace the AWESOME person that you are.
- PICK YOUR FRIENDS wisely. You are a GREAT FRIEND but don't let people take your kindness for weakness. The people you choose to be in your life should be there with you through the good and bad times. You don't need HALF ASS PEOPLE IN YOUR LIFE!
- JOIN EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES OUTSIDE OF SCHOOL. You love performing for an audience, and trying new things. Our school definitely doesn't provide us with anything in the arts. Check out other schools or something in the city where you can SHINE BRIGHT LIKE THE STAR YOU ARE!
- HANG OUT WITH YOUR GRANDPARENTS MORE. Grab a camera and take pictures of moments with your grandparents to look back on. Talk more about their lives growing up, and what they were like when they were your age. Get those RECIPES from Nana, especially the pound cake. We need that in our lives!
- START THINKING ABOUT YOUR FUTURE NOW. We're doing alright in life right now. We know what we want in life, and we're making it happen. Don't pressure yourself into a major or school that you don't wanna go to or be in. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ANY OPPORTUNITY TO LEARN ABOUT DIFFERENT PROFESSIONS NOW. THAT WAY, YOU WON'T WASTE TIME AND MONEY IN COLLEGE. :)
WHAT WOULD YOU TELL YOUR YOUNGER SELF? WHAT LESSONS IN LIFE HAVE YOU LEARNED THAT YOU WISH YOU COULD REACH BACK AND TELL YOURSELF IN THE PAST? YOU CAN #DEARME ON DIFFERENT SOCIAL MEDIA (TWITTER, FB, COMMENT SECTION HERE, ETC).
THANKS FOR READING