share

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

COLLEGE SERIES: GETTING REJECTED FROM YOUR DREAM SCHOOL!

I was so excited when the college fair came to town.
Stevenson University (Villa Julie) was at the top of my list!
I basically built my life around this school junior year.
The representative and I were buddies.
I visited the campus, saw the dorms, picked my major, bought a bear with the school's name on it. 
I was so excited about this school.
The representative made it sound like I was in like Flynn. 
Little did I know that my SAT scores just weren't good enough to get in.
Awaiting my acceptance letter, I paraded around like everything we great. 
You couldn't tell me NOTHING!!
They always say that an envelope means NO, and a packet means YES!.....
........
....................
..................................
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
I got the envelope.
"Dear Denisha, Thank you for applying to Villa Julie. Unfortunately......"
TIME STOPPED!
I couldn't breath!
I began crying hysterically and couldn't form words into sentences.
I called the representative, and basically yelled at her!
"HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?!! YOU SAID EVERYTHING WAS OK! YOU MADE ME FEEL IMPORTANT! I THOUGHT YOU LOVED ME!!"
I really felt like I was being broken up with, and I couldn't accept that!
I threw that bear in the trash! 
I was bitter for a couple months! 
I eventually got over it...


I look back on that experience and laugh now. It's important to not put all your eggs in one basket. Being rejected doesn't hurt much at all these days. I don't know where I would be if I had been accepted into Villa Julie (I hate the name change btw)..Anyway, I'm proud of the journey I've been on now. I've grown a lot and learned a lot. This is the path I'm suppose to be on. 

I hope you make the best of any situation you're in. You're going to go through so much rejection in life, but that's what life is about. Sometimes we fall, but we eventually have to get up.


 Keep your head up!

No comments:

Post a Comment