share

Friday, August 7, 2015

CHIT CHAT: CATCHING UP WITH YOU AND THE TALE OF HAVING NO INTERNET!

I WENT FUCKING CRAZY WITHOUT THE INTERNET! I took a much needed break after my last segment to reflect on why I was doing radio in the first place. I started to look at the numbers rather than why I loved doing what I was doing. I think the modem which allows me to use the internet stopped working just in time. Though I was very bored in the house (could have cleaned my room...lazy ass), I thought about my show, and you guys. I remember when I first noticed people were listening to my show, I freaked out! I was thrilled, but I then after I talked about gay marriage and racism, people backed off. I think these are "taboo" topics that shouldn't be. I told you guys that I like to keep my radio show a bit on the light hearted side of things. However, recent events that took place made me very emotional and I needed to speak on it. I'm all for equal rights and treating people with respect regardless of your sex, gender, race, class, etc! I do have strong opinions about a lot of topics, which is why I like it when people join in on conversations, and discuss what's going on in the world. Not only that, but how we can come together and make a difference. It starts with one person, and then another and another, etc. 


On the contrary, I will leave that to my Coffee Talk Sunday segments. Since Summer is coming to an end, there will be transition segments for the next couple weeks. I start school at the end of the month, and I CAN'T WAIT! I'm so excited to start my first semester at Towson University, and continue on my education. My summer was a bit dry, but I'm glad to have a lot of down time because I'm always busy with school, work and life! 
Now that I have internet, I'm getting back to the swing of things. I will be recording on SUNDAY FOR 'COFFEE TALK SUNDAY'! I hope you join me, and continue to listen.


I just posted a segment on my beauty blog: http://beautyenthusiastmue.blogspot.com/2015/08/health-beauty-benefits-of-apple-cider.html CHECK THAT OUT!




No comments:

Post a Comment