share

Saturday, September 27, 2014

DREAM BECAUSE THOSE DREAMS CAN BECOME REALITY!

Whoever said to not be a dreamer should be kicked in the shin. Literally! Dreaming is one of the best things you can do with your life, because it can become a reality. If you look outside yourself and see all that you buy, read, watch or eat has been a dream turned into reality. From the Apple dude to the local coffee shops in your neighborhood; they all had the same dream. To turn what they loved into reality and share it with the world.

So what makes you or me any different? NOTHING! I said I wanted to blog, have a radio show and do a dozen of other things in life. Guts is what separates us from those not turning dreams into realities. That's all, nothing more than taking a chance and having the guts to do it. We all have the same tools, but we use them differently. Rejection isn't something that should hold us back, which is what I was told to be deathly afraid of at a young age. "Don't put all your eggs in one basket", "Don't get too excited"...but why not?! Why shouldn't I put my heart into every dream I have to make it a reality. Rejection is apart of life, and it strengthens us in the end. After every tear that we wipe, after every tantrum we throw, or even the holes in the wall. On the contrary, there's some that let rejection stop us from continuing to move on after we are told no. Why? If anything, it should tell us to go back to the drawing board, and try to find a better solution to overcome that last rejection.

I'm no where near perfect, and I've been rejected and will still be rejected, it's life. However, letting it stop me from getting to where I want to be, I will NOT allow. The big names you hear in the media, or even just those local business owners have been rejected more times than they can count. Has that stopped them for going for the gold? No, if anything they continued to do what they wanted to do, to get to where they wanted to be. Success isn't a one size fits all, but like the jeans from 'The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants' scenario. It takes one idea from someone, but the courage within that person will be the success of that idea. Everyday we have to be willing to make our dreams come true. Don't let a "wacky" idea to others make your dream any less brilliant to you. People that see your vision will always back you up in the end, no matter how many times you've been rejected. Be your best support system because you are the one that dreamed this idea.

I may not be a huge blogger, have over millions of people read my blog, listen to my radio show, etc. However, I'm continuing to do what I love to do, which is use my voice to talk about things that matter to me. There's nothing more brilliant than taking a chance, nothing sexier than confidence to do what I couldn't do years ago. I wouldn't go back to tell myself to be anything but who they are now because who they will become later will be because of the life experiences they will face. Regret and reject are like brother and sister in my opinion. You should always want to push yourself to try new things, and shouldn't be afraid of getting hurt. Life is about taking chances and living through all the pain and joy that comes with the package. The creator* wouldn't have given life to you if he didn't think you would be a success! Stop and re-read that statement. Everyone on this planet was chosen for greatness, so how can you think you aren't going to be successful, or that your dreams can't come true?

Continue to take each day and remember that what you are dreaming can become your reality. Even if it's just to blog your ideas, or have a radio show. Your voice matters regardless if people say it's "not relevant", which I've been told by someone before. Have I stopped blogging? Hell no! I did; however, take the negativity out of my life. "Go Glenn Coco", has become my saying for anyone reaching their goals! Continue to encourage yourself and remember to encourage those around your that may seem like they are fearful of pursuing their dream. Even if they have the same dreams as you do, because the shoe could be on the other foot. If you're going to do some shade, make sure that you are shading the person like a tree from the hot blazing sun! Not shading them from the spotlight!

*~creator meaning whatever being you believe in

Love ya coffee addicts,

Denisha

No comments:

Post a Comment