share

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Is it hard for you to support others?

Why is it hard to support each other in this day and age? 

Seriously....WHY THE HELL CAN'T 1 PERSON BE HAPPY FOR ANOTHER? 

I watched a video a while back by one of my fave Youtubers Jouelzy about this very topic. Success isn't a one person mission, but a mission everyone can be apart of. We should constantly encourage each other to succeed in whatever it is that we're doing in life. Jouelzy mentioned how we all have the same tools, but we all use them differently...and that's OK! DO YOU BOO! and I will be there to support you. But, I expect the same in return. Is that too much to ask for? 
Just as I'm blogging and doing my radio thing, I don't get too much support, but I appreciate the support I have gotten. I'm quick to be in someone's corner and help when I can, but where's the support for me?? As African American women, the sisterhood needs to be stronger, and we have to get over that "IT'S GONNA BE ME" frame of mind. It's not doing anything but separating us. I've also found that some sistas won't support their own, but will for someone else in a heartbeat. Don't throw shade because I'm doing something different from you, or I may not be doing something you think I should. It's the same petty "oh she think she cute" scenario...-_0
We all have our own paths, and success can be whatever the heck we want it to be! My success is not your's and vice versa. I want all my brothers and sisters (EVERY RACE) to be successful, but we can't continue to have that it's all about me and no one else mentality. 
Also, being successful and bringing people up to be successful needs to happen more. I try to encourage young women and men I become in contact with to do better. It takes a village to raise a child, and as the human race, we are all FAMILY. Maybe it's that world peace mentality I try to see, or maybe not. Maybe I'm not the only one thinking this way...

What are you opinions on the matter at hand? Can we work together to become successful, and not thrown shade when trying to encourage others? 
Here's Jouelzy's video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhU-cuiCILI&list=PLWHAOe4kVevxyoKg7l_H8sAFzQ3rdxcbO&index=3

No comments:

Post a Comment