share

Friday, September 5, 2014

Sweaty palms, Nervous stomach: Prepping for Auditions (Phantom of the Opera and Les Liaisons Dangereuses)

I first want to apologize for not doing a segment that was scheduled this week. I had a lot of stuff with school going on this week...

Any whore, I'm excited/nervous/anxious about this week! Why? Well, if you've listened to my previous segment on blogtalkradio.com/coffeenofilter, then you would know that I'm planning on auditioning for Phantom of the Opera. Now I might audition for another play this week, Monday...not sure. I've never auditioned for a play this big before. I haven't read music in a long time, and that sets me back in my opinion. My voice is the last thing on my mind, LOL! The monologues are the second task for the audition that I need to get taken care of. I have to prepare a resume, and get a photo of myself for the audition! It seems like a pretty big damn deal, right? I'm thinking if I do audition it's going to be Monday and Thursday, since those are the days I have time for....BUT WHY AT 7 P.M.???????

I'm wondering if I should just stay at school for 5 damn hours for this thing, or nah? (opinions appreciated). Then again, if I really am trying to be in this production, I shouldn't let anything stop me, right? The nerves are making me have to constantly run to the bathroom (it's normal, promise).
HOPE THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN!!!

I keep having this vision of the scene from Pitch Perfect where she didn't know the song that everyone else knew, so she decides to sing her own song. Since I can't read music, I'm wondering if I should improvise instead, or just focus more on the monologue. I'm pretty sure there's going to be people that have little to no experience in a "professional production" like myself.




Good thing is that I don't have to stress too much until Thursday for the Phantom audition...as long as I can get home, change and get there on time. The only thing I do wish was that auditions were during school hours, so I could make it and not have to be there for fucking 5 hours. I can't let that shit go lmao! Still thinking about that. I better get a callback!

In all seriousness though, it will be a great experience to look back on to even say I auditioned. I've contemplated not auditioning, but I said I wanted to be in a play this year, so I'm going to do the best I can and show them what I have...even if I only fantasize about being on stage, and sing in the mirror. That creative/artistic side of me is just SCREAMING to jump out and do the damn thing!

Well I'm gonna force myself to do some reading for Acting and A&P. Some time this weekend, I will be posing the "Why can't we support each other?" segment I was suppose to do. Also, this week, I will post 2 segments to make up for this weeks. I want to tell you about my experience auditioning, and what I've learned from the experience.

P.S. Do you have any tips for a great monologue for beginners? Any tips to help overcome my stage fright that isn't really, but it might really happen? (guess that's what Google is for, huh?)

Love ya,

Nisha