share

Friday, September 5, 2014

Sweaty palms, Nervous stomach: Prepping for Auditions (Phantom of the Opera and Les Liaisons Dangereuses)

I first want to apologize for not doing a segment that was scheduled this week. I had a lot of stuff with school going on this week...

Any whore, I'm excited/nervous/anxious about this week! Why? Well, if you've listened to my previous segment on blogtalkradio.com/coffeenofilter, then you would know that I'm planning on auditioning for Phantom of the Opera. Now I might audition for another play this week, Monday...not sure. I've never auditioned for a play this big before. I haven't read music in a long time, and that sets me back in my opinion. My voice is the last thing on my mind, LOL! The monologues are the second task for the audition that I need to get taken care of. I have to prepare a resume, and get a photo of myself for the audition! It seems like a pretty big damn deal, right? I'm thinking if I do audition it's going to be Monday and Thursday, since those are the days I have time for....BUT WHY AT 7 P.M.???????

I'm wondering if I should just stay at school for 5 damn hours for this thing, or nah? (opinions appreciated). Then again, if I really am trying to be in this production, I shouldn't let anything stop me, right? The nerves are making me have to constantly run to the bathroom (it's normal, promise).
HOPE THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN!!!

I keep having this vision of the scene from Pitch Perfect where she didn't know the song that everyone else knew, so she decides to sing her own song. Since I can't read music, I'm wondering if I should improvise instead, or just focus more on the monologue. I'm pretty sure there's going to be people that have little to no experience in a "professional production" like myself.




Good thing is that I don't have to stress too much until Thursday for the Phantom audition...as long as I can get home, change and get there on time. The only thing I do wish was that auditions were during school hours, so I could make it and not have to be there for fucking 5 hours. I can't let that shit go lmao! Still thinking about that. I better get a callback!

In all seriousness though, it will be a great experience to look back on to even say I auditioned. I've contemplated not auditioning, but I said I wanted to be in a play this year, so I'm going to do the best I can and show them what I have...even if I only fantasize about being on stage, and sing in the mirror. That creative/artistic side of me is just SCREAMING to jump out and do the damn thing!

Well I'm gonna force myself to do some reading for Acting and A&P. Some time this weekend, I will be posing the "Why can't we support each other?" segment I was suppose to do. Also, this week, I will post 2 segments to make up for this weeks. I want to tell you about my experience auditioning, and what I've learned from the experience.

P.S. Do you have any tips for a great monologue for beginners? Any tips to help overcome my stage fright that isn't really, but it might really happen? (guess that's what Google is for, huh?)

Love ya,

Nisha

No comments:

Post a Comment